During the conversation, the Head of State has noted that Kazakhstan is taking all measures to fully participate in the work of this authoritative organization.
- Today's event is very significant and important. We hope that the results of the Summit will be successful, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In turn, the OIC Secretary General thanked the President of Kazakhstan for the good organization of the Summit.
- Kazakhstan is highly respected in the Islamic world. I would like to express my gratitude personally to you and the nation of Kazakhstan from representatives of all delegations who arrived at today's Summit, for the warm welcome and high level of the event, the Secretary General said.
Yousif bin Ahmad Al-Othaimeen stressed that this is the first Summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in the field of science and technology.
- It can be said with certainty that this is a historic event, when representatives of 57 Islamic countries come together to discuss topical issues in the field of science and technology. I hope that we will be able to discover new facets of this great religion. Unfortunately, terrorist organizations are undermining the image of Islam in the world, the OIC Secretary General said.
The Head of the Organization stressed that today's meeting in such a large representation became possible due to the authority of the President of Kazakhstan.
Further, the OIC Secretary General shared his plans for the activities of the Organization aimed at developing a unified position of Islamic states on various pressing issues on the international agenda and constructive cooperation with non-Islamic organizations.
Yousif bin Ahmad Al-Othaimeen expressed admiration for Astana, the new capital city of Kazakhstan and noted the city’s investment attractiveness.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that represented by Yousif bin Ahmad Al-Othaimeen, the Organization has found the effective leader, who will give a new impetus to its development.
- I wish you every success in your activities and I look forward to your support. At present, most of the terrorist attacks take place in Islamic countries. In this regard, your words about the need to jointly combat this evil are more timely than ever, the President of Kazakhstan said.
In conclusion, the Head of State separately made the point of the fact that in the Middle Ages the main scientific discoveries came from the Islamic world.
- It is necessary to always remember that and start working hard. It is for good reason that we are holding the Summit devoted to science and technology in the era of Industry 4.0, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.